Wealth has got its main role in this materialistic world. Health is Wealth. It is true but wealth is also health in view of sky rocketing costs of medicine or insurance. A person is happy if he possesses wealth. Contentment would give more happiness rather than greediness. A person would be happy if he possesses wealth in equilibrium state. If it is on either side, it would create unhappiness. But whatever it may be the urge to become richer is the common weakness of human kind.
Astrologically, to become rich would reveal from the combinations and aspects of planets. One should be careful enough to study these aspects from the ones horoscope. The main houses that are responsible for wealth are Lagna, 2nd, 5th, 9th, 10th, and the 11th. The karaka planets of wealth are Sun and Jupiter. The following combination of planets would bestow richness normally, provided they are in angles or trines. In other houses, the effect would be diluted.
1. 2nd and 9th lord; 9th and 10th lord; 2nd and1lth lord; 5th and 9th lord; 2nd and 10th lord; 2nd and 5th lord; 9th and 11th lord; 5th and 10th lord;
2. Lagna lord, or Sun or Jupiter along with the above combination would give good results.
3. Any exchange of houses between Lagna lord, 2nd lord, 5th lord; 9th lord; 10th lord or 11th lord would bestow dhanayoga.
4. If the Lagna lord is in the 10th house the native would have decent profession.
5. If Jupiter is in the 9th or 11th and Sun is in the 5th house, or if Moon and Jupiter or Moon and Venus happen to be in the 5th or 11th houses the person will have dhanayoga.
6. If the 7th house is with Mars or Saturn and the 11th house with any planet other than Ketu.
7. If all the quadrangular houses are occupied by planets or if all the trinal houses are occupied by benefics or all the upachaya houses (3, 6 and 11) are occupied by malefics.
8. If the 6th, 8th or 12th lords join with 6th or 8th or 12th or 11th lords.
9. Mercury, karaka for business should be well placed either in 2nd, 5th, 9th, 10th or 11th houses along with benefic planets to promise very good returns from business.
Besides the above, ancient astrologers have stated some Raja Yogas and Dhana Yogas of which some of them have been furnished hereunder.
1. Moon and Jupiter are in angles to each other.
2. When Rahu is situated in Leo, Taurus, Virgo or Cancer.
3. Rahu, Venus, Mars and Saturn are situated in Virgo.
4. Sun and Mercury are either situated in Aries or Leo.
5. Natural benefic planets Mercury, Jupiter and Venus are situated in 6th, 7th, 8th houses either from Lagna or Moon.
6. When 8th lord is in 6th or 12th; 6th lord is in 8th or 12th; 12th lord is in 6th or 8th or exchange of houses between these planets.
7. When Venus is in the 5th own house and Saturn is in the 11th house.
8. When Mercury is in the 5th own house and Moon and Mars are in the 11th house.
9. When Saturn is in the 5th own house and Mercury and Mars are in the 11th house.
10. When Sun is in the 5th own house and Moon and Jupiter are in the 11th house.
11. When Jupiter is in the 5th own house and Moon and Mars are in the 11th house.
12. When Sun is in Leo and is being aspected by Mars and Jupiter.
13. When Moon is in Cancer and is being aspected by Mars and Jupiter.
14. When Mars is either in Aries or Scorpio and is being aspected by Moon, Venus or Saturn.
15. When Mercury is either in Gemini or Virgo and is being aspected by Saturn and Venus.
16. When Jupiter is either in Saggitarius or Pisces and is being aspected by Mars and Mercury.
17. When Venus is either in Taurus or Libra and is being aspected by Mercury and Saturn.
18. When Lagna lord is in 2nd house, 2nd lord in 11th house and 11th lord in :Lagna.
All the above yogas are in brief and not exhaustive. It all depends upon the strength of the planets with their placements and aspects. Besides the above, one has to look into the exaltation, debilitation, friend’s house, enemy’s house moolatrikona, retrogression, and vargottama positions of planets in predicting the wealth yoga.